The CISA’s five research themes stem from its mission and objectives:
- Economics, governance, and management in agriculture
- The social aspects of the technology transfers and Information and communication technologies (ICT)
- The health and the well-being of agricultural producers and rural communities
- Social expectations and the impacts of policies on agricultural producers and rural territories
- Transfer of knowledge to the private and public sector.
These research teams are dynamic as our priorities evolve in connection with the challenges associated to the reality of the agriculture and agri-food industry.
Furthermore, with the objective of developing projects that create an added value throughout the food system, the CISA is actively involved in projects examining issues associated with the social dimension of agricultural marketing.